Create your gravatar
The only way to have your picture show up alongside your author profile on your website is to set up a Globally Recognized Avatar, or Gravatar. This associates a profile with your email address – and then loads your profile onto websites that use the service.
Most people put this off… which means they’re stuck with a little gray outline, and who wants to be recognized globally as a little gray outline?
Setup Your Gravatar This video shows you how to set up your Gravatar in just 3 minutes, and what you’ll see on your website once you’re complete. https://youtu.be/PbvPXUh-AJU
Follow these instructions to set up your Gravatar profile.
Setup your Gravatar Account (Steps 1-5):
- Visit https://en.gravatar.com
- Click “setup your gravatar”
- Create your wordpress.com account
- Add your profile photo & bio
- Add additional emails if you need different author bios
- Don’t fret if your profile image doesn’t change right away.
- Sometimes it can take a minute.
Congrats! Your website is that much more awesome.